Sunday, 2 July 2017

Wedding in Weymouth


I woke up this morning a bit hoarse.  Yesterday I'd was singing, dancing, eating, drinking and talking my little heart out.  For I went to a wedding.  I popped out on Friday lunchtime to buy a card in Totnes and then I'd realised I'd made a faux pas.   The bride in the papercut was wearing a dress. And neither of my friends who were getting married had worn a skirt in living memory.  I did some doctoring with a pair of scissors.  A bit of tippex was also caused into play to lose a ponytail.


Here are the brides signing the register.  Spiky Kay and her new wife Rosie.  Their wedding was held in the grounds of a beautiful pub near Weymouth.  The setting couldn't have been more glorious.


In the morning before  the wedding I lost my retailing virginity when Red Mel and I popped into Claire's Accessories to complete our AbFab look.   Nine year olds were fought  for those flowery ears! We trained as occupational therapists with Spiky Kay and voweled that we'd do 'over the top pink' if she ever got married.  I think that we pulled it off.


Another one of the brides, this time with their very gorgeous sons.  They've got one apiece.


Red Mel blowing bubbles at the reception tea party.  We had posh little sandwiches, tarts, a cream tea and cake.


Another look at those 'ears'.  There's something of a mythical beast about me.  They been recycled and are going to the dressing up  box of Red Mel's two year old granddaughter.


One of those cheesy cakes that are all the rage these days!


And here's Spiky Kay borrowing my ears!


And don't forget this was a Westcountry wedding.  I need lots of energy for dancing.  Sustenance at the evening do came in the form of a regional specialty.  One of the best pasties that I'd ever tasted!

7 comments:

  1. love the ears and your hair.It looks fab.I am also a "whitey" and have never coloured my hair(well ,once,and it turned green!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love being a grey. Never regret the decision to stop colouring my hair (and the grout in the bathroom!) xx

      Delete
  2. You had us drooling at the wedding cake and pasties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pasty was one of the best I've ever tasted. On a par with one from Ivor Dewdney in Plymouth. That's high praise indeed. xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day it must have been. That "cake"...how clever. Much more to my taste!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like sweet and savoury cake - equally but the cheesy one made a lovely change! xx

      Delete
  4. I was married here and it is a fantastic venue. The food, service and mostly the staff at wedding venues NYC were truly amazing. Despite the pouring rain storm, constant emails requesting changes, and nervous energy, these guys delivered the most enchanting night.

    ReplyDelete