Friday, 21 July 2017

Without Trying


'When at night I go to sleep
Fourteen angels watch do keep'

I'm still sleeping through the night.  For the first time in years I consistently pop off to the Land of Nod and stay there until the morning.  No special tips about temperature of the room, blocking out all light, barring caffeine....... I even had a bit of wine yesterday.  That used to be a complete no-no in terms of shut-eye but not any more. As sleep experts have noticed, those who are not insomniacs don't have any special tips to share.

What has changed is that, in spite of a busy life where I am subjected to trauma in my working life on a daily basis, I no longer fret and worry.  I haven't eliminated stress altogether but it's very much on the back burner.  I attribute this to the meditation, running and taking on board some of the spiritual musing I've been doing over the last  few months.  Friends are continuing to comment on how calm I am.  Now serenity isn't something I've ever been accused of in the past!

4 comments:

  1. Well, whatever you're doing, it's clearly working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever the combination, keep it going, it obviously works well for you ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! So glad to hear it. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very pleased to hear it, you deserve some rest. xx

    ReplyDelete