Saturday, 5 August 2017

Abundance


Daily meditation practice seems to be paying dividends.    I use the instructions for meditations by Wayne Dyer to guide me for twenty minute sessions: this one in the morning and this one at bedtime where I nearly always fall asleep halfway through.  I've found it easier  to focus on the present moment through concentrating on sound rather than the breath as I've done in the past.  My mind seems to wander less.

I've already mentioned that I now sleep through the night for the first time in years.  That seems to be one benefit that's arisen from the practice.  I can't think of anything else that might have effected the change .  Life still  throws the same intensity of challenge, especially at work which seems more intense than it's ever have been. Yet in spite of this I'm not so worrisome these days and thoughts about what I've not yet done don't haunt me at 2am.  I try my best and it is not possible to do more.

The other thing I've noticed is a sense of plenty.  For if I stay attuned to being in the present I  have everything I need for that moment 99.999999% of the time! It is only by worrying about the future that I experience a sense of lack.

Have a wonderful weekend good people.  And remember not to look to far ahead!




9 comments:

  1. I have just signed up to do a meditation evening course starting September.
    Partly inspired by your tales, and i need help staying in the present to reduce worrying and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - it worked for me immediately on some of my worries and then meditation has lead me to other insights over the years. Damn hippy! xx

      Delete
  2. What a coincidence, one of my friends has just blogged asking for ideas to help with her insomnia. I'm going to forward this post to her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a minefield finding what works for one person re: insomnia. What I found interesting was that people who sleep really well never really have a method that works for them. It justs happens. Hope your friend is restored to the Land of Nod soon. xxx

      Delete
  3. I really must try this. So fed up of being awake at 4am. 6 or 7 hours uninterrupted would be very welcome. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please try meditation but don't expect a specific result. For a while I just gained acceptance of my insomnia. xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks to you I now am a follower of Eckhart Tolle. His inspiring thoughts on being in the now have been so helpful to me. Again, thanks to you for mentioning him on this blog.😉

      Delete
    3. So glad you've found him inspiring. Try Wayne Dyer's 'Manifesting Your Destiny' series on Youtube as well. I've taken teaching from these by listening again and again. xx

      Delete