Wednesday, 13 September 2017

A Massive Great Dental F*ck Up!


A large amount of the  brown stuff has hit the fan.  Remember I posted a proud picture of me with restored teeth?  Well both broke again on holiday.  I woke up one morning to find I'd swallowed one piece of filler and then my gap widened the other repair fell out whilst I was eating a sandwich.

I returned to my Polish dentist on Monday.  He fitted me in for an appointment to do major work yesterday.  I believe that the plan was going to be that a replacement crown would be made for my front tooth and the one next to it would be filled.  In the interim I'd have some sort of temporary cap to preserve prettiness.  What happened instead was out of a horror story for dental phobics.  Thirty years ago, my previous dentist, a madcap ex-army type, had sort of welded the post holding the old cap to my gum.  It took half of the tool supply from B&Q, a good dollop of anaesthetic and lots of frenetic pulling to get the tooth out. Half my gum came away with it!

So for a week I have the unsightliest of gaps I have ever seen. I'd show you a picture but I'll save that for a before and after post.  I'm too vain and frankly a little upset.  In the interim I'm going to be wearing the mouth guard that I'm prescribed to stop snoring in the day.  Unattractive too but it's the lesser of two evils.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope you're OK. It sounds like a horrible thing to go through. Hopefully it wont be much longer before you have a Simon Cowell type smile. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this ! Take heart , your dentist has a plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Hope it's sorted soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all gets sorted out soon m'dearxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...good luck with the teeth. I have had many problems with teeth breaking/falling out etc over the years.
    ps Why do you snore in the day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor thing! I hate the dentist at the best of times but that sounds truly horrendous. I hope you get sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch-that's serious dental work. Hope it goes smoothly and you soon have your smile returned to normal. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG what a nightmare. Hope it gets fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ouch, sounds horric, hope it gets sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am so sorry to hear this - I know something of the horror of it. I hope it can soon be fixed. xxx

    ReplyDelete