Tuesday, 14 November 2017

Abundant Shoe Harvest


Teenagers are soooo expensive, even ones who are not throwing a tantrum and demanding designer clothes and electronic goods all the time.   One of the reasons is that they grow so fast.   Shoe buying for Louis has become a bit of a nightmare.  I think he's jumped three sizes in less than a year.   He's now a size 9.  It's a wonder he doesn't trip over those big things hanging off the bottom of his legs.  When I've bought replacement footwear we're not going down the mega designer root.  I can't afford that but just trainers on the right side of acceptable so that he doesn't get the piss taken by more style conscious kids have been upwards of forty quid.

So, when I popped my sick note around to Barbie Nurse's house the other day I was thrilled when she asked me if I'd like her grown up son's cast off trainers and boots.  They're size 10.  Yay!  I was expecting one pair but she brought around five!  Nike, Adidas x 2, Hugo Boss and a pair of labelless but funky black boots with camo soles.  I shoved them in the washing machine and hey presto they're like new.

I put them on the radiator to dry in the hall.  The observant of you might notice that decorating is in progress.  At this rate I'll get to show off my swanky makeover in about 2020.  But at least it's on its way.  Back to the shoes.  Louis is delighted.  There's enough pairs for some to keep at his dad's house as well. Hopefully they might see us through in footwear until a couple of months after Christmas at least!

6 comments:

  1. I love free second hand shoes and boots. The trainers I wear every day for my village walk were given to me by a man, when I was rooting through his skip. In fact he gave me three pairs, his wife didn't like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - I've got quite a few clothes in my wardrobe that were free gifts! The best was a dress that I saw in a charity shop. 'Don't buy that' said Red Mel. 'I've got it and never wear it!'.xx

      Delete
  2. You were very lucky, they are such an expense! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that I might have manifested them...sort of accidentally. xx

      Delete
  3. That's brilliant. We used to get a lot from J D Sports when they had a sale so he'd have the right look, but not at the prices the big companies would have you pay.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones that I thought were brandless are All Saints. Now I believe that they cost a small fortune. xx

      Delete