Yesterday morning wasn't the best. Doing the chores before I got out of the house: a shower, preparing breakfast and lunch and putting the washing up away caused my poorly back to spasm. I was in tears, pretty unlike me and Louis bore the brunt, poor love. He was slower getting ready than I'd like, probably because he's in the wars too. I wasn't the nicest mother in the world but then intense pain has the capacity to turn someone in evil bitch from hell. I must remember that when it's me on the receiving end.
Thank goodness that I work in a hospital with a minor injuries unit. I was pain-free-ish within a couple of hours. Bless you John the nurse! Today my list of yesterday's things to be grateful for seems to have acquired more meaning than usual. Here we go:
- The power of analgesia: I've added super strength codeine to the mix of drugs I'm now taking. At last something hits the spot!
- The nearly totally free NHS: Never something to be underestimated.
- Morrison's Wonky Avocados: Word got out from one of the student nurses that you could get a big bag of them for £1.75. There's about six small but perfectly formed fruit in it. My entire office went over to the road to avail ourselves of this very healthy bargain.
- The relatively short cue at the year long roadworks that have appeared on the ring road.
- The unicorn one: My business Twitter account seems to have had a glut of followers who like to dress up as the mythical beast. Why oh why other than to give me a giggle.
- Kind people who plied me with tea all day. Thanks guys
- The view as I drive over the hill into the South Hams: Always changing always a stunner to greet me first thing in the morning.
- My slow cooker: I popped a chicken in first thing in the morning and it had worked its magic. A delicious supper waiting for us when we came home.
- Being totally up to date with my clinical paperwork for about the first time in three years.
- The Artsy article on why ancient Greek statues have small penises: For the titter the title gave me and then for such an informative read. In summary: Big ones were considered vulgar.
Thanks for all your kind wishes yesterday. I've woken much improved to day. So that can be the first thing that I give thanks for on today's list.