Monday, 29 January 2018

Hare Medley


It's a long time ago that I started the linocut of the three hares.  Nearly three years in fact.  Sometimes things get put on the back burner.  But for my Sabbath crafting this week I decided to revisit the project.

One of the reasons why it was put on hold was that I was having trouble with blunt lino cutting tools.  The image was not defined enough when I did a test print.  It's only recently that I've perfected my sharpening skills using a whetstone, honing compound and a slip strop.   The tools cuts as if they are going through butter now.  I must have got the technique right. 

It's going to take a little while to  tart up my lino plate so you're going to have to wait even longer for the finished result.  I hope it'll be worth it.    I looked back through old posts and there's plenty of hares in progress so I'm not going over old ground.  Instead here's a medley of leporids that I spied whilst having lunch at a posh garden centre with my friend Brenda the other day.  I knew that this image might come in handy!

2 comments:

  1. I just looked back at your linocut of hares - very mystical.I think it is great as it is.The hare on the left of the window ledge is similar to mine,which is a resin & in transit his little tail broke off but he's fine now.I luv hares x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm aiming for one in each room of the house. xx

    ReplyDelete