What a geeky title! I thought that a good idea for a post might be sharing a totally impressive experiment from my school days. So I had a little think back to those times when, as a three science girl, I spent rather a lot of time in labs. There was the Van der Graaf generator trick where the entire physics class touched hands and passed on an electric shock, jumping and jiving as they did so. That was a good one. But this impressive chemical reaction kept popping to the forefront of my mind.
It says here that this is a home experiment but I don't think so. Even during my risk tolerant childhood of the seventies chemistry sets didn't contain anything anywhere near as exciting as concentrated sulphuric acid. A teeny piece of magnesium ribbon, oh so pretty when it was set alight, was as dangerous as it got!